How to Meet New People Quickly
Making conversations work :
To simplify, let’s break this technique down to 6 important steps:
1. Decide on a subject/ interest/ hobby/ sport that you love
2. Find forums or meetup groups about that subject
3. Select interest groups that meet regularly to discuss the subject
4. Attend their meetings.
5. Talk about stuff like: when you started to like the subject/hobby, how often you do it, people you know that do the same thing, and similar.
6. Jump to conversation topics that have nothing to do with the main interest.
If your mind goes blank on “step 1”, look for interest groups in your area and choose one or two that seem the most interesting. This is really all you have to do to meet new people, and you can talk to as many people in these events as you think or feel is enough.